Every year we always have at least one big long road trip by car going from Scotland to France to visit my mom's family. Although it is a long trip, as a kid, I like it because I get a chance towatch all sorts of movies on my iPad. It makes the long hours in the car a lot more fun. Uploading all my favourites DVDs to my iPad is quite easy and today I just wanted to share my tips with you.
Fun Educational Apps - iTips for Parents
- First upload and convert your DVD to your computer in format compatible to the iPad
- Second upload these files on your iPad (iPhone or iPod).
What do you need to ripp DVD ?
There are many DVD software converter - called DVD Ripper - available, some free and paid ones, but be aware that many will require various steps. My mom, has found a paid one that is very easy to use ... 2 clicks and you done! I am using an iMac and the program I use is called MacX DVD Ripper Pro (this program is also available for Window) .
- first you need to open Macx DVD Ripper Pro and insert the movie disc into your PC or MAC,
- then in the top left hand corner where It says DVD disc, click that and it should come up with a little tab which says the name of the movie and underneath cancel or ok, click "ok".
- The program should start analysing the DVD. Wait a few seconds until it is done, and it will show you a screen with title 1, title 2, title 3, ... and so on. It will also show you the time for each title, click the longest time and click start in the bottom right hand corner.
- Your movie will start downloading onto your PC or MAC. Depending on how fast your PC or MAC is, if it fast, it can take half an hour, if it is slow maybe an hour or more. When it is done you drag the movie to the desktop or where ever you want to save it .
Install your movie file to your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch!
Now, you need to put it on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, and will need an app for that! I use a great app called AVPlayerHD available on the iTunes AppStore . It is very good to watch movies or videos. Once you have downloaded the app from the app store, open your iTunes account on your MAC or PC, connect your iDevice. From the left side bar, select your apple device.and the top of the screen click apps. You will find yourself on a screen which shows you the apps on your device.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and It will show you some apps click on AVplayerHD and click add. Select the folder where you saved the video click it ( click and then shift click the others if there is more than one). Click ok in the bottom right hand corner then wait for the bar at the top is full. Once the download is finished, you can unplug your device and the movie or video will be on your iPod , iPhone or iPad.
To view a movie, open the app, select the one you want to watch .... And have a great time!
iTips for parents by Alex - 12 year old boy, cool and is a highly trained professional at everything.
AVPlayerHD is availabe for odwnlaod via the iTunes App Store:
Did you check our 5 a day - Top Apps Gone FREE!
Have Fun With Apps! … Don't miss our next free app offers …. Get it by email now!!!
and if your are looking for the latest kids apps deals see our TOP FREE APPS or search for highly recommended apps download our review app - APPSTAR PICKS