Looking for a new pre-school app that will give your child a wide variety of safe, fun, and educational games? Then Playground HD – a huge games collection for kids developed by Jan Essig is a Fun Educational Apps top pick for you. This massive app is actually twelve games in one where kids ages 2 and up will enjoy activities ranging from puzzles to colors to arcade type games. Fun Educational Apps TOP PICKS
Playground HD is an ad free, safe app for young kids to explore and enjoy extensively. The app opens to an easy to navigate menu screen (or two actually) with screen shots and a one word title for the games available.
- Search - Find the five differences between two pictures.
- Pairs - A memory game that goes from 2 pairs to 15 pairs of matching cards.
- Puzzle - 30 different animal puzzles, each with 8 pieces to fit together.
- Draw - 11 simple animal outlines (and 1 blank page) to color. There are a wide variety of color choices, three brush choices, and an option to save the finished product to the camera roll.
- Erase - 6 different scenes, each with sets of floating eyeballs. Use a finger to erase the gray clouds revealing a colored scene with hidden friends.
- Slide - A puzzle where the player must slide pieces using a blank spot to complete a puzzle.
- Catch - Given a character to catch, hit your target in Whack-a-Mole style. Don't hit the wrong character!
- Remember - In the old-school game Simon style, tap the colors and animals in the correct sequence.
- Piano - Play an 8 key piano hearing the sounds from cats, frogs, cows, or fish.
- Collect - Follow the path to collect stars in 25 increasingly difficult mazes.
- Roll - An easier version of the slide puzzles, where the player need only roll the pieces to find the right scenes.
- Colors - Shoot colored fish at a wall of fish, making sets of three to get them to drop. Very similar to the once popular Snood game.
What Fun Educational Apps Liked
This app is a humongous collection of excellent preschool activities. Each mini-game is easy to play and navigate and needs little to no explanation. The games range from easy enough for a 2 year old, to fun for adults (I particularly enjoyed the Colors game!) There is something for everyone in this app. The quality of the graphics and activities is simple and solid. There is nothing to distract players from the task at hand and no way to inadvertently leave the app. The games all have some sort of educational purpose as well. From the obvious practice with colors and puzzle skills to the more subtle fine motor manipulation of the mazes and the Catch game, this app truly has a wealth to offer.
Overall, Playground HD is a top pick for preschool apps. There are so many games to explore and so many different levels of each, that boredom will not be a problem with this app. If you are looking for a educational and entertaining app for your preschooler - this is an app for you.
Playground HD – a huge games collection for kids is available for download via the iTunes App Store: Universal Apps iPad/ipHone/iPad
Note, if you want to give it a try before buying, there is a lite version with in-app-purchase:
This app was reviewed by Sarah Emerling, a mom, a special education teacher, and a technology coach. She is a self proclaimed nerd with a passion for incorporating technology into education and you read her findings at The iLesson Lady .
View it on iTunes:
Discover more apps from Jan Essig: Universal Apps iPad/ipHone/iPad
Have fun with app!
If you want to discover more Fun Educational Apps make sure to subscribe to our RSS feed and our news letter to receive regular update on great Fun Educational Apps and for great offers visit our kids apps deals
Disclosure: This review was move up the waiting list priority-services. All opinions expressed are purely that of the author.