We know it’s the holidays! … but here are some top math apps gone free for a limited times. All MathSpins by iHomeEducator are Free! 4 math apps that allows student(s) to learn interactively through spinning dials and selecting answers for addition and subtraction. FREE MATH APPS
Math Spins series includes:
MathSpinK: Kindergarten and Pre-K counting:
MathSpin3: Six math games in 1 app to Teach >, <, and =
Build upon basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with your students.
MathSpin1: Can you count in Chinese and Mayan?
MathSpin2: Time your students in basic multiplication and division
Features and Benefits - by iHomeEducator
- Basic Addition and Subtraction for early elementary grade level (i.e.: K to 1st grade, also useful for higher grades as they refresh their basics)
- Spin, Select, and Check answers with interactive correct and incorrect pop-up messages as well as happy and sad face counters.
- The spinner generates random operations to thoroughly test the child.
- Spin all three columns by hitting the Spin Button Bar at the bottom of the number dials.
- Counters can be reset by touching the purple hand at the top right corner.
- Student or teacher can also selectively spin the operand 1 and 2 columns to practice at their own pace.
- Select from a pick list of results instead of typing in an answer or selecting from multiple choice answers.
- Start the child thinking about addition or subtraction by starting the picker at operand 1 and counting forward for addition or backwards for subtraction while scrolling the picker.
- Audio "musical/percussion" sounds have been selected to help provide the child positive, negative, spin, and reset feedback.
- Results are currently set to a maximum of 24 for lower grade elementary school students.
Make sure to download while free, these apps will be a great support to bridge the summer learning … or if you take a break … Ideal for Back to School.
All MathSpins apps are available for download via the iTunes App Store:
Have fun with app!
If you want to discover more Fun Educational Apps make sure to subscribe to our RSS feed and our news letter to receive regular update on great Fun Educational Apps.
Remember, many kids will see the iPod Touch or iPad as a gaming device, but with our help they can get much more out of it. Help them use it for more things than just games and music and download Fun Educational Apps for them.
If you like our reviews thanks to support us! Clicking our links takes you straight to the iTunes App Store and it doesn't cost you more and we get a small commission!