Search & Explore: The Grand Canyon is the first of a very promising series Search and Explore where 3 mice go on learning and exploring journey through the classroom computer. The Search and Explore Series teaches young children about geography, national landmarks, and points of interest around the world through an engaging story featuring computer mice that come to life as ABC Mouse™, 1.2.3 Mouse™ and Do-Re-Mi Mouse™.
It all start when the teacher tell students that “there are holes on the ground that are so big that the school or even the entire town could fit in it.” 123 Mouse and ABC mouse decide to investigate further, start searching via the internet and end up in the Grand Canyon.
The picture book app, takes kids and parents through a great discovery trip of the Grand Canyon in a fun and interactive way. It teaches young readers great facts, information and illustration on the Grand Canyon.
ABCMouse.com has really come up with a fun and entertaining story book app to support kids learning and travel. A complete learning experience full of fun and interesting facts.
Welcome to the Grand Canyon is a great book app with unique features. It teaches young kids (and grownup!) all about the Grand Canyon via a fun and interactive story. The story is about 3 mice; each one specialized in one area of the curriculum:
ABC Mouse: is all about reading and spelling. When it speaks it spells out some words.
123 Mouse: is the expert with numbers and will give kids many factual numbers related to the Grand Canyon.
Do-Re-Mi Mouse: is the artist and is great with lyrics, vocals, music, painters and more.
At Fun Educational Apps we liked the way the story is build. Based on a fact from the teacher: “Canyons can be so big that the whole school or city can fit in”, the mice wonder and start their investigating process.
It teaches kids to take action when they learn something new. If kids have questions and start searching, they can find the answers.
The story then leads the young reasers on a great trip through the Grand Canyon. It offers beautiful illustration, with loads of interactivity. Search and Explore the Grand Canyon is ideal if you are planning a visit to the Grand Canyon, but also great anytime to support kids learning and education. It is for kids, but I am sure as a parent you will find some very interesting fact that you may not know about the Grand Canyon.
So many points we like about Search and explore the Grand Canyon
On top of a great story, beautiful illustration and a great interactivity we really enjoyed the tone of this picture book app. It is fresh, entertaining and stimulating for the kids (as well as parents); it is definitely a top fun educational app. The final song is great and sums up all what you need to know about the Grand Canyon. We also like the glossary, available anytime throughout the book app. Kids can easily check out the definition of a word such as “Canyon” “journey” National Parks” “Ranger” … definition are easy to understand and great support when reading with your kids. It is very engaging and fun.
Search & Explore: The Grand Canyon is the first app of a very promising series, and we are looking forward to see more. The great news is that this picture book app is free.
Search & Explore: The Grand Canyon: Book App Feature:
- Realistic Page Turning - Swipe your finger or click on a corner
- Read to Me – The Book reads aloud with professional narration and music; or
- Read with Pause – The reader turns the pages and can read along with the narrator;
- I Can Read It – The reader reads the book all by themselves
- Glossary – Readers can select the glossary on pages to learn the meaning of difficult words through simple explanations
- Search & Explore - On certain pages of the Search and Explore series, kids can click on the animals that they find to hear the names of the animals read aloud.
- Fun Facts - Filled with fun facts about the Grand Canyon that will educate and amaze your child. There may even be things that the parents don't know!
- Original ABCmouse.com Music
Search & Explore: The Grand Canyon has been developed by ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy, a pioneering educational website for children ages 2 through 6 (preschool through kindergarten) with more than 2,000 interactive learning activities. The website and mobile apps have been developed over the past three years under the advisement of leading education experts, including the 2006 National Teacher of the Year.
In Addition to the Search and explore series, ABCMouse.com offers 3 other type of book apps.
Interactive Environment Series: Visit the Zoo, Set 1 (Free) (Elephants, Zebras, Penguins, Lions, and Pandas)
More Free Apps Today ... Check out our Daily Free & Discounted Offers:
Thanks for your support - If you like our reviews, please support us and link to iTunes -App Store via our links, it does not cost you anything, but greatly help us to provide you more reviews.
* Fun Educational Apps Overviews - are quick general reviews to ensure that these apps meet our standards but does not provide an in-depth review. At the time we print, these apps are free without ads but be aware that prices can revert to normal any time. If by the time you download it ads have been added, please let us know so we can update our records!
Have Fun With Apps! …
Don't miss our next review and FREE apps alert - 5 a day ….
Get it by e-mail - Subscribe NOW!