Fun Educational Math apps can be great tools for learning the early concept of math. Many fun educational apps will fulfill different needs for different kids. It is a matter of finding the right ones that will get your kids attention, the ones that they will enjoy playing over and over. Offering various math apps can stimulates and expand your young ones interest for math.
In 2010, Fun Educational Apps reviewed many great apps and it look like 20111 will see many more great fun educational math apps. Recently, we reviewed Easy Math HD, a top app for kids aged 6 and under, and today we want to let you know about:
BugMath: a math app game based on the Singapore math method
Bug Math is a great math app game that helps kids learn the basic concept of math such as counting and adding in a fun and interactive way. Bug math - a game math app - offers 5 different games to help develop a strong basis and understanding of basic math. It is based on the Singapore math method, and help kids practice math facts in a way that is playful, fun and entertaining. With BugMath, counting and adding becomes a fun game that your kids will want to play over and over.
“The math curriculum of Singapore has been ranking high worldwide. It teaches fundamental math concepts in a graduated format beginning with counting with the aid of visual cues and progressing on to show the correlation of these objects to numbers and words – and later on, number ordering and basic addition and subtraction.”
BugMath Goal: “boost kids’ confidence while having fun!”
BugMath – Math app for kids aged 3 to 6 years old:
It all starts with Ug-ug, a friendly young alien who loves math. Ug-ug accidentally crash-lands on the mystifying planet of Aliennz, which is completely inhabited by bugs. From there, kids are invited to help Ug-ug escape his buggy foes via 5 fun educational games that focus on counting, addition, subtraction, and memory skills. Over all, BugMath teaches number recognition, sequencing, and logical thinking through visual and auditory clues – all in a fun and engaging way
- Bug attack: reminded us of the space invader game where kids have to shoot bug that are trying to land on the planet. Each time kids score the app tells and displays the number. The goal is to hit 100. The more they play the more they become confident to count to 100. A great way to learn how to count to 100!
- Counting Game: there your toddlers will go over double-digit numbers 11-20. Kids will count the number of bugs on the screen and paint the numbers and the words!
- Big & Small: a game with bugs of varying sizes that must be sorted sequentially or in reverse order - from smallest to biggest or biggest to smallest.
- Plus Minus Bugs: Ug-ug wants to practice his addition and subtraction skills. Kids simply tap on the bugs to count up or down to find the correct answer.
- Matching: a memory game where kids need to use their memory skills to pair up the hidden bugs.
MathBug is a fun math app that really supports the early stages of math. In addition to the great game play, we really liked the game Plus Minus Bug, where visuals really help kids to understand the concept of adding and subtracting. The interactivity of this game allows parents to teach in several ways, and show kids different method.
BugMAth is available for download via the iTunes App Store Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Behind the game play, BugMath offers a great learning experience to kids, and as Yvone Foong, CEO of Zixxe Pte. Ltd., the parent company of the TotsMobile brand says: "BugMath approaches mathematics from different angles – particularly through a story that engages and the systematic practice of math skills through ease of repetition,”